- Added better implementation of BLKFLSBUF ioctl to rxdsk module. This will "flush data" and truncate pages.
- Added flush command to rxadm utility.
- Added support for Linux kernel 3.9. Tested on 3.9.2.
- Cleaned up code and removed unused and unimplemented caching feature (write-around).
- Added support for Linux kernel 3.8. Tested on 3.8-rc7.
- Made some modifications to the modules' makefile.
- Added support for Linux kernels 3.6 & 3.7. Tested on 3.6.9 and 3.7-rc8.
- Minor rxcache kernel module update: Make spinlocks less greedy by removing most of the "disable ALL interrupts" spinlocks and replacing them with spinlocks to disable interrupts ONLY from bottom halves.
- Added support for building in 3.4 and later Linux kernels.
- Updated module Makefile to point to a different DESTDIR and KSRC (for cross-compiling)
- Removed warning for RapidCache build (placed check for 32/64 bit arch).
- Addressed an issue with md raid 1 (mirror) and using rxdsk in which the md driver would routinely send I/O of size 0 bytes and rxdsk would return an EIO, failing the array. Problem and solution found and provided by Dmitry Trikoz of Stratus Technologies.
- Addressed warning generated for kernels 3.2 and later with the return type of the blk_queue_make_request request_queue function.
- Added comments and cleaned error messages in pyRxAdm.
- Added comments to rxadm files.
- Added additional functionality to pyRxAdm (add, map, archive, restore) also added some more error checking.
- Fixed bug in rxadm during the archival process.
- Updated version no. and removed b's to move from beta to production.
- Added a couple more switches to list version/help info of rxadm
- Cleaned up rxadm logo for pyRxAdm
- Added pyRxAdm wrapper to list and to unmap/detach rxdsk/rxcache volumes.
- Modifed short-list feature output and modified error statement
- Modified cmd/Makefile
- Added logo for wrapper
- Updated version no. for kernel modules
- Added --short-list support in rxadm management utility.
- Cleaned up debug messages on modules and added a couple of more.
- Fixed bug #5 relating to using the rxadm utility without any nodes listed in /dev/mapper.
- Cleaned up a few messages in both rxdsk.c and rxcache.c.
- Added rxcache write/read through caching module support.
- Added rxcache management features in rxadm utility.
- Modified input for archive/restore in rxadm to not use absolute path for rxdsk node. It maintains a form of consistency across all commands.
- Fixed bug #4 by adding the BLKFLSBUF ioctl() command to process. This is specifically for when the user places an rxd node in an mdadm raid array.
- Added a new test file to test the new ioctl command.
- Cleaned up the Makefiles (bug #2) a bit and now the user can build and install the kernel module from the root of the package tree as opposed to doing it from the module directory.
- Fixed bug #3 which was for a warning during the build of rxadm on an x86_64 architecture. Thanks go to Gustaf Ullberg for discovering the root cause and providing a quick solution.
- Removed the "b" from version strings to signify non-beta. This project seems to be production ready.
- Also added a test suite and some additional test tools for testing data integrity, performance, etc. This will help a lot for feature testing in future releases.
- Added check in management utility to make sure that
rxdsknode is present before archiving and restoring compressed/ decompressed images.
- Added new feature to archive/restore an rxd volume to/from a zlib compressed data file (many thanks to Simon Ball for suggesting a similar feature).
- Added discard support.
- Added an ioctl to handle an invalid query sent by later versions of udev that correspond with Linux kernels 2.6.35 and above.
- Also integrated patch submitted by James Plummer of Stratus Technologies to address 32 bit limitation of rxadm utility rxdsk creation/resizing by casting the variable to a 64-bit type. Patch also included minor clean up code/optimizations for the same rxadm util.
- Optimized the configuring of the request queue.
- Added checks for module to build from kernels 2.6.32 all the way to the latest (currently 3.0.3).
- Added support for dynamic resizing of attached rxdsk volumes.
- Official stable public release.